Monday, July 28, 2008

Odds and ends

That's what I wrote about this week - a little whining about the weather, broken peppers, and being a lazy gardener. Good news - I borrowed a camera, so I have pictures this week! This one shows the tomato vines that are two feet taller than me:



I forgot to link to last week's update, when I made pesto out of my own basil and parsley. I have officially cooked with my own produce. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the vegetables, assuming they don't all fall down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An easy-peasy pasta recipe:

Tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt & pepper - chop etc. and mix with olive oil. Fold in cooked noodles (I like linguine). Yummy either warmed or chilled. You could make your pesto and cook some chicken with it for some protein.

Leslie said...

Pesto is fabulous--great work! Sorry about your peppers. I had 3 lovely yellow ones blushing into red that were mauled and partially eaten by some midnight marauder. Argh! Death to cats...or possums...or raccoons...or all of them!

Another easy tomato possibility is of course BLTs. Or dress them with balsamic vinegar, EVOO, fresh basil, salt and pepper.

Kristen said...

My sister does something very similar as an appetizer, Leslie. I think she also uses balsamic vinegar.

Oh, and my two nice big tomatoes are gone. *&^%()(&*%$