Thursday, June 5, 2008

New column

It's here. I finally planted the raspberries, although not where I'd planned to. They're looking more perky now that they're in the ground. I think a couple of peppers are juuust starting to start, and cherry tomatoes are budding. The Early Girls are enormous, and I do think they're expending more energy growing than they are in making actual tomatoes. I do have several more tiny green tomatoes than I did last time I posted, though, and that makes me happy.

I watered on Monday for the first time in weeks, and several tomato branches buckled under the strain. Not having any stakes long enough to support them, I had to twist-tie the short stakes together and then twist-tie the plants onto them. They're currently listing a little drunkenly. Maybe it was all that extra water.

No comments: